Wednesday, March 20, 2013

All About Teddi!

Current Location: New York, New York.

What You Should Know About Me: I lived my first 5 years in NYC without a full kitchen. Now that I have one (a BIG one, by Manhattan standards!) I'm taking full advantage. I grew up in restaurants and I love to dine out, but I now make a valiant effort to prepare my own breakfasts and lunches at least 4 days a week and make dinner 2-3 times a week. I'm a foodie with a big appetite. I don't skip meals or diet. I know you're supposed to eat to live and not the other way around, but sometimes nothing rivals a creamy pasta or a pillowy donut. My sister, parents, and I live in a 20 block radius and I'm relishing the opportunity to cook for them, as well. I love to write, read, shop, laugh, travel, and sweat. I'm high strung and hyper but I'm learning to relax. And even though I'm the apple-licious half of this duo, I was born and raised in Coral Gables and will always consider myself a Florida girl.

Favorite Foods: Bananas, berries, cheese, mushrooms, shrimp, smoked salmon, pasta, chicken, tuna tartar, ham, asparagus, grainy bread, buttery biscuits, apples, pears, olive oil gelato, chocolate chip cookies, Funfetti cake, cornichons, vanilla granola, if I don't stop now, I could go on forever.


Least Favorite Foods: Celery, peppers, steak, beef. 


I'm Allergic/Sensitive To: The law. Kidding! Nothing.

Favorite Food to Make: The Pioneer Woman's Simple Sesame Noodles and Iowa Girl Eats Parmesan-Garlic Chicken. Both are ridiculously simple and incredibly delicious.

Least Favorite Food to Make: Seafood. I love it, I just haven't quite cracked the code on how to cook it yet.

Biggest Mess in the Kitchen: Spaghetti Bolognese when I was 19. To this day I'm not sure what I did wrong, but clearly it was something because we ended up with bowls of white pasta and ground beef, but no sauce in sight. That mishap haunted me for years.

Biggest Success in the Kitchen: I haven't had it yet. I'll keep you posted.

Favorite Food/Recipe Blog(s)/Site(s): Iowa Girl EatsSkinnytasteThe Pioneer Woman

Favorite Health Blog(s)/Site(s): Fitness Magazine's siteWell + Good NYCFitnessista.

Favorite Meal: Something savory followed by something sweet. Pasta + gelato. Sushi + fro yo. Chopped salad + cookie. 

Favorite Workout: SoulCycle. It's a spin class + a dance party in one!

Why I'm So Excited to Read Sara's Adventures: So many reasons! Sara has loved to cook for as long as I have known her, and I've always appreciated and admired her approach to food. She's adventurous and likes to try new things, but she knows the value of a simple comfort dish. She's health-conscious (like me) but loves to indulge (like me). She's married to a creative, talented chef and they both take pride not only in the food they make, but in the way it's presented.

What I'm Most Looking Forward to In This Little Journey: Surprising myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment